Hallloooo Internet humans!
I hope you’re all having a great Sunday evening. I’ve been helping tourists make their way to the Giant’s Causeway, and slurping tea in between enquiries. I am however excited as my family and I are heading off for a lovely big Sunday dinner in a few short hours- YUM!
As I’m paying my wee corner of the internet a little bit more attention, I thought I’d do the typical “25 Things about me” list, so that you could get to know me a little bit better. It’s always nice to put a face and some facts to a name! So, without further ado, here we go…
- Much to my dismay when I was younger, I am one of one children- a wee only child! I always wanted a big sister, but my parents didn’t have any more babies, plus magicking up someone older than me would have been… challenging, to say the least! But it does mean that me and my wee parents are super close, which is amazing.
2. I should have been a leftie, but I write with my right hand instead! I remember trying to scribble with a pencil in my left hand, but my teacher saying to swap hands. It’s not really a big deal, but it has meant I tend to do everything “backwards” in comparison to everyone else. I’ll struggle on, lads!
3. I am 5 ft and a half inch, and YES, that half inch is very important.
5. My favourite colour is green, and my eyes are green.
6. I love animals, and I have a wee Jack Russell called Alfie. He’s two now, and he is a wee sweetheart!
7. As of last month, I am officially no longer a student- I graduated from Queen’s University Belfast with a degree in English and French- does that make me an adult now?! Welp!
8. Reading is my favourite thing EVER! I always have my nose in a book. My all-time favourite book is possibly Ulysses, but I also have a real love for Pride and Prejudice. In fact, I have a weird thing about collecting different editions of P&P- just call me a big nerd!
9. I am from Northern Ireland, right at the tippy tippy top. Heard of the Giant’s Causeway? Dark Hedges? That’s where I’m at.
10. My favourite city I’ve ever visited is Budapest. It is STUNNING, and there is so much to do!
11. I love ice cream, and my favourite flavour is mint. Anything minty, I’m your gal.
12. I am a Christian (or at least, I’m trying!). My favourite verse is Proverbs 3:5-6, and it seems to follow me around wherever I go.
13. TEA is the BEST- I have at least three cups of tea a day (and that’s on a slow day, folks). However, I have been drinking more and more coffee, and there’s nothing I love more than finding a little nook in the corner of a coffee shop, and curling up with a good book and an americano (the coffee, not a man, btw).
14. A guy you may come across on my blog is Chris, my boyfriend! We’ve been going out for about two and a half years, and he’s my wee bestie. I like to call him my editor, as I often get him to read my posts before I post em!
15. Walking is my favourite form of exercise, especially if there’s a beach involved.
16. I used to work in a distillery for a few years, but have since moved on and am working two jobs at the moment- in a clothes shop, and in a tourist information centre.
17. Speaking of alcohol, my favourite tipple would have to be gin- I don’t drink a LOT, but when I do, a wee elderflower gin and rose lemonade is hard to beat!
18. Like many chicas my age, I have about 12 billion pictures on my phone, and most of them seem to be of flowers. I ADORE flowers- they’re just so pretty!
19. I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which does NOT MEAN I have a super tidy bedroom and like to fold my clothes in a certain order. OCD is so much more than that, and I want to work on changing the stereotypes surrounding it.
20. Autumn is my favourite season. Crispy leaves, cosy evenings and knitwear? I’m ready for ya!
21. The best thing I’ve ever eaten in my entire life is a violet macaron- I could eat a bucket of them! The one pictured is actually from a place called Pierrefonds; if you’re ever there, go and try them! Although having said that, Laduree do excellent ones also.
22. My favourite make up product is mascara. I need those fluttery lashes! However, a close second would be red lipstick.
23. I adore dresses, especially this one from FatFace I got a few years ago. It is slowly becoming my signature item of clothing.
24. I don’t really like TV, but I do enjoy a good YouTube video. Vloggers like TheAnnaEdit, SamanthaMaria and Jefferson Bethke are some of my faves! Give me a good book over that any day, though.
25. My goal in life is to help people, no matter what form that takes.
And that’s it! If there’s anything else you want to know about me, just leave me a wee comment. Or even if there’s something cool we have in common, give me a shout!
Lots of love and a bientot!